Oriental Vegetable Soup
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken thigh||1 , skinned|
|Lean pork tenderloin||1⁄2 Pound, cubed and fat trimmed|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Green onions||3 , chopped|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 1⁄2 Ounce, sliced and drained (1 Can)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Fresh bean sprouts/2 cups canned sprouts||1⁄4 Pound, drained and rinsed|
|Low sodium soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1. Take a 5 to 6 quart pot, heat oil.
2. Add ginger root and saute for a minute.
3. Mix in pork and chicken and allow to turn slightly brown.
4. Mix in green onions and stock and allow the mixture to boil completely.
5. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Mix in spinach and continue to simmer for 3 more minutes.
7. Mix in mushrooms and water chestnuts.
8. Continue to cook for 5 minutes till mushrooms turn tender.
9. Mix in bean sprouts.
10. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
11. Mix soy sauce, salt and pepper.
12. Serve immediately.