Bacon And Kidney Kebabs With Sauce Christina
|Avocado||1 Medium, stoned and peeled|
|Clear honey||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Ripe guava||1 , peeled|
|White dessert wine||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Level Teaspoon)|
|Smoked streaky bacon rashers||4 , rinded|
|Lamb kidneys||4 , skinned, cored and quartered|
|Avocado slices||4 (For Garnish)|
|Fresh chervil/Flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. To make the sauce, chop the prepared avocado flesh and place in a food processor or blender with the honey. Roughly chop the guava and place in a small heatproof bowl with the wine. Cover with cling film and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
2. Add the guava fruit, while hot, to the avocado and process until smooth. Add salt to taste and sieve to remove the seeds.
3. To make the kebabs, thread the bacon and kidney quarters on to 4 short wooden or bamboo skewers. See that the bacon remains in one piece as it is threaded down the length of the skewer, over and under the kidney quarters and partly enclosing them.
4. Place the kebabs on a rack suspended over a dish to catch the dripping juices. Microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes, turning halfway through the cooking time. Leave to stand for 1 minute (the colour deepens in this period) then dip the kebabs in their dripped juices before serving.
5. Serve each kebab in a pool of the avocado sauce, garnished with slices of fresh avocado and a herb sprig if wished.