Vegetable Burger Mix
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Red lentils||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
1) Saute the thinly sliced garlic and onion in butter and oil till they have softened.
2) Add the chopped mushrooms and aubergines to the onions and then add the tomatoes, seasonings and herbs. Gently cook over low flame for 15 minutes so that a bit of the juices evaporate.
3) In a different pan, cook the lentils for about 15 minutes so that all the water is absorbed.
4) Stir in the breadcrumbs and lentils. Allow the mixture to stand for about 5 minutes.
5) Form the mixture into burgers and then grill them, basting with butter or oil, till they are browned properly on both the sides.
6) Serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1338 Calories from Fat 294
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g51.6%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 1135.5 mg47.3%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72%
Dietary Fiber 52.9 g211.4%
Sugars 48.5 g
Protein 55 g110.3%
Vitamin A 85.8% Vitamin C 177.9%
Calcium 43.5% Iron 75.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet