|Minced lamb||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Curry paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Natural yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (To Baste)|
|Coriander sprigs||5 (Or Cilantro, To Garnish)|
|For tomato sambal|
|Tomatoes||3 , deseeded and diced|
|Ground coriander||1 Pinch|
|Ground cumin||1 Pinch|
|Chopped coriander||2 Teaspoon (Use Fresh Cilantro)|
|Pappadoms||10 (To Serve:)|
1. Put the onion in a food processor and chop finely. Add the lamb and process briefly to chop the mince further. Chopping the mince again will help the meat mixture to hold together during cooking. If you do not have a food processor, grate the onion finely before mixing it with the lamb.
2. Add the curry paste and yogurt and mix well. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
3. Press and shape the mixture into 8 sausage-shapes and push each one on to a skewer, pressing the mixture together firmly so that it holds its shape. Leave to hill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until required.
4. To make the tomato sambal, mix together the tomatoes, spices, chopped coriander (cilantro) and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Leave to stand for at least 30 minutes for the flavours to combine.
5. Barbecue (grill) the kebabs (kabobs) on an oiled rack over hot coals for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently. Baste with a little oil if required.
6. Transfer to serving plates and garnish with fresh coriander (cilantro). Serve accompanied with poppadoms, chutney (relish) and the tomato sambal.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1639 Calories from Fat 1044
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 117 g179.4%
Saturated Fat 50 g249.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg1.3%
Sodium 1606.2 mg66.9%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.4 g61.5%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 92 g184.3%
Vitamin A 89.1% Vitamin C 102.8%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet