Chicken Lettuce Oriental
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 Medium|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, disjointed|
|Blanched whole almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) Halve and rinse lettuce. Place in plastic bag to chill.
2) In a shallow dish blend soy sauce, wine, sugar, ginger and garlic.
3) Place chicken in wine mixture and marinate for 1 hour. Turn and brush the chicken constantly.
4) Place chicken in a baking pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
5) Baste with marinade twice in between.
6) In a skillet heat oil and brown the almonds.
7) Drain excess moisturiser on paper towels.
8) In the skillet put undrained pineapple and heat.
9) To the remaining marinade mix cornstarch and add pineapple.
10) Stir the sauce till it boils and thickens, add chicken and almonds.
11) Slice lettuce crosswise.
12) On a board put the slices cut side down and cut across and lengthwise in bite-sized chunks.
13) On the serving platter line lettuce. Spoon chicken and sauce over lettuce.
14) Serve immediately.
Wine can be replaced with three tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon water.