Creole Asian Strips
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried tarragon leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Chinese five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beef flank steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2 -inch strips|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 , cut into strips|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a small bowl, mix the black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, tarragon, Chinese five spice powder and sugar.
2) Sprinkle the spice mixture over meat strips, coating evenly on both the sides; place the meat in a slow cooker.
3) Add the bell pepper strips, chicken broth and bay leaves; cook covered on LOW for about 6-8 hrs; remove and discard the bay leaves.
4) Dissolve the cornstarch in water and stir into the slow cooker; cook covered on HIGH for about 20-25 min or until thick.
5) Serve immediately on a nice dish.