Skewered Oriental Shellfish
|Tiger prawns||12 Ounce, peeled leaving tails intact (350 Gram, Jumbo Shrimp)|
|Scallops||12 Ounce, cleaned, trimmed and halved (350 Gram)|
|Spring onions||1⁄4 Pound, sliced into 2.5 cm/1 inch pieces (Scallions, 1 Bunch)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , deseeded and cubed|
|Baby corn||3 1⁄2 Ounce, trimmed and sliced into 1 cm/1/2 inch pieces (100 Gram)|
|Hot chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chili||1 , deseeded and sliced|
|Dark soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ginger root||1 Inch, peeled and grated|
|Spring onion||1 , trimmed and very finely sliced (Scallion)|
1. Soak 12 wooden skewers in cold water for 10 minutes to prevent them from burning.
2. Divide the prawns (shrimp), scallops, spring onions (scallions), (bell) pepper and baby corn cobs into 12 portions and thread on to the skewers. Cover the ends with foil so that they do not burn and place in a shallow dish.
3. Mix the soy sauce, chilli powder and ground ginger and coat the shellfish and vegetable kebabs (kabobs). Cover and leave to chill for about 2 hours.
4. Preheat the grill (broiler) to hot. Place the kebabs (kabobs) on the rack, brush the shellfish and vegetables with oil and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the prawns (shrimp) turn pink, the scallops become opaque and the vegetables are soft.
5. Mix together the dip ingredients.
6. Remove the foil and transfer the kebabs (kabobs) to a warm serving platter. Garnish with sliced chilli and serve with the dip.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 906 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 670.2 mg223.4%
Sodium 5350.9 mg223%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.7%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 115 g230%
Vitamin A 154.6% Vitamin C 358.9%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet