Oriental Almond Stir Fry
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Shrimp||3⁄4 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Diagonally sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1/4-Inch)|
|Fresh mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package, About 2 Cups)|
|Bean sprouts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Blue Diamond)|
1. Prepare the marinade in a medium bowl by combining first five ingredients.
2. Put in shrimp and let stand at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Using heavy non-stick skillet or wok, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat.
4. Put in celery and stir-fry 1 minute.
5. Take out of the pan and set aside.
6. Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil.
7. Using slotted spoon, remove shrimp from marinade and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink.
8. Put in mushrooms and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon water if necessary to prevent sticking.
9. Stir cornstarch and 6 tablespoons water into marinade; Put in to skillet and cook about 30 seconds, until thickened.
10. Put in celery and remaining ingredients and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, until bean sprouts are soft, but still crisp.
11. Serve over hot brown rice, if desired.