Oriental Pineapple And Raisin Chicken
|Cornstarch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, disjointed|
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 Can)|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Broken walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) In a bag mix cornstarch and paprika.
2) Add 2 or 3 pieces of chicken at a time and toss to coat well.
3) Keep the remaining cornstarch mixture aside.
4) In a skillet heat oil and brown chicken over low heat.
5) Close the lid tightly and cook for 20 minutes.
6) Take out the pineapple and keep the syrup in stock.
7) Mix pineapple, celery and green pepper to the chicken and keep covered for 5 minutes.
8) In a bowl mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixture with brown sugar, soy sauce and 1/4 cup reserved pineapple syrup and stir mix into chicken.
9) Cover again and cook for 10 minutes.
10) Mix walnuts and raisins into rice. Serve with chicken.