Hot Pot Chops
|Lean boneless lamb leg steaks||18 Ounce (About 125 Gram, Four 4 1/2 Ounce Each Pieces)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Potato||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Rosemary||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
|Freshly steamed green vegetables||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Serve)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Using a sharp knife, trim any excess fat from the lamb steaks.
2. Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper to taste and arrange them on a baking sheet (cookie sheet).
3. Alternate layers of sliced onion, carrot and potato on top of each lamb steak.
4. Brush the tops of the potato lightly with oil, season well with salt and pepper to taste and then sprinkle with a little dried rosemary.
5. Bake the hot pot chops in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the lamb is tender and cooked through.
6. Drain the lamb on absorbent kitchen paper and transfer to a warmed serving plate. Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve accompanied with a selection of green vegetables.