|Nut fat||2 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 Medium, sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Chopped ginger root/Preserved ginger||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Grated coconut||1 Tablespoon, desiccated|
|Dried apricots||2 Ounce, cut into strips|
|Seedless raisins||2 Ounce|
|Coconut milk||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Orange slice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spring onions/Chives||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
1) In a thick pan or iron casserole, gently saute the dry rice in the fat and oil until pale yellow.
2) Stir in the onions and garlic, saute for further 2-3 minutes .
3) Stir in the saffron, ginger, coconut, apricots, raisins and almonds, simmer covered for 15 minutes.
4) Pour in the coconut milk and cook until the rice is tender and almost dry, then season to taste.
5) Remove in a warm serving dish or casserole, garnish with orange slices, sprinkle with the spring onions or chives and serve immediately.