|Bulgur||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cracked wheat)|
|Parsley||3 Bunch (300 gm), chopped finely|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, chopped finely|
|Fresh mint||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped finely|
|Green onions||4 Medium, chopped finely (Stems used)|
|Fresh oregano||4 Medium, chopped finely (Stems used)|
|Ground black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground allspice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|For the dressing|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Juice from 2 lemons)|
|For the garnish|
|Romaine lettuce leaves||8 Medium (6 - 8 leaves used)|
1. In a bowl, take the bulgur, add the spices into it.
2. Add the juice from 2 lemons and olive oil, stir to evenly incorporate all the ingredients. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
3. Take a large mixing bowl, add all the finely chopped vegetables (except the oregano stems) into it.
4. Add the bulgur mixture and the oregano stems and use your hands to toss well making sure that everything is evenly incorporated.
5. Serve on flat dish with Romaine leaves laid out in a star like shape for an appeal.