Oriental Chicken With Mushrooms
|Fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Green peppers||2 Large, cut into strips|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Frozen chinese pea pods||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) In boiling salted water, cook the chicken until soft.
2) Drain the broth but save 1/3 cup.
3) On cooling, skin the chicken and remove all the meat from the bones.
4) Cut meat into small pieces.
5) Add green pepper, onion, and pea pods to the saved broth and cook until crisp-soft.
6) Add rest of the ingredients except pineapple and cook for about 2 minutes.
7) Continue adding pineapple to this and stir, and heat thoroughly.
8) Serve hot.