Yogurt Pineapple Sherbet
|Crushed pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice in a separate cup.
2. Whip the yogurt till thick and smooth.
3. Pour yogurt into freezing tray and place in freezer.
4. Allow the yogurt to semi freeze.
5. Remove the yogurt mush from the freezer.
6. Using a spatula, blend in the crushed pineapple and the reserved juice. You could substitute pineapple with berries, peaches, apricots, grape or mango.
7. Return the tray to the freezer.
8. When the yoghurt is semi-frozen, remove the tray from the freezer.
9. Use an electric beater to whip the yogurt mush.
10. Return to the freezer and allow the sorbet to freeze completely.
11. Scoop sorbet and serve in sorbet glasses or champagne glasses.
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.6 mg5.2%
Sodium 55.2 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 21.6 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 0.33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet