Saucy Tofu and Turkey Stir Fry
|Tofu||250 Gram, cut into 6 equal slices|
|Red bell pepper||1 Tablespoon, cut into thin strips|
|Fresh string beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into 2” pieces|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled and finely minced|
|Reduced-sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili garlic sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely minced|
|Lean ground turkey||1 Pound|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Scallions||2 Small, chopped (to garnish)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon (to garnish)|
1. Place the tofu over several layers of paper towels on a plate and cover with additional paper towels.
2. Place a dinner plate on top of the covered tofu; let stand for 20 minutes.
3. Remove plate and cut the pressed tofu slices into 1″ cubes and set aside.
4. In a measuring cup, combine broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili garlic sauce and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
5. Heat a wide pot over medium-high heat and add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute until softened, stirring constantly.
6. Add ground turkey and season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for about 3 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring to crumble.
7. Pour broth mixture to pan and add the cubes of tofu into the broth mixture.
8. Cover with a lid and bring everything to a boil.
9. Add the string beans and nestle them lightly in the sauce and cover to steam them until they are just crisp tender.
10. Add the red bell pepper and cover to let them steam for one minute. (Avoid over-cooking of vegetables)
11. Toss everything lightly so it’s nicely mixed.
12. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
13. Serve Saucy Tofu mixture with brown rice.
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg26.7%
Sodium 570.6 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet