This easy saucy stir fry might just end up being one of your go-to recipes.
250 Gram, cut into 6 equal slices
Red bell pepper
1 Tablespoon, cut into thin strips
Fresh string beans
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into 2” pieces
1 Tablespoon, peeled and finely minced
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Low-sodium soy sauce
Chili garlic sauce
3 Clove (15 gm), finely minced
Lean ground turkey
Salt and pepper
2 Small, chopped (to garnish)
1 Teaspoon (to garnish)
1. Place the tofu over several layers of paper towels on a plate and cover with additional paper towels.
2. Place a dinner plate on top of the covered tofu; let stand for 20 minutes.
3. Remove plate and cut the pressed tofu slices into 1″ cubes and set aside.
4. In a measuring cup, combine broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili garlic sauce and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
5. Heat a wide pot over medium-high heat and add ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute until softened, stirring constantly.
6. Add ground turkey and season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook for about 3 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring to crumble.
7. Pour broth mixture to pan and add the cubes of tofu into the broth mixture.
8. Cover with a lid and bring everything to a boil.
9. Add the string beans and nestle them lightly in the sauce and cover to steam them until they are just crisp tender.
10. Add the red bell pepper and cover to let them steam for one minute. (Avoid over-cooking of vegetables)
11. Toss everything lightly so it’s nicely mixed.
12. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
13. Serve Saucy Tofu mixture with brown rice.
Tofu is sought after for its health values and for the fact that it is a good gluten substitute. Here is a recipe to make Saucy Tofu Stir Fry in a fusion style using Asian as well as other global ingredients and cooking techniques. Good with rice!