Vietnamese Style Beef Skewers
|Dried lemongrass||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar substitute||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon (Or Nam Pla)|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unseasoned rice wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced to make 1 teaspoon|
|Serrano chili/Jalapeno chili||1 , seeded and minced to make 1 teaspoon|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sirloin steak/Round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Asian slaw||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chopped peanuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1 Bunch (100 gm) (For Garnish)|
1. Combine lemongrass, sugar substitute, fish sauce, oil, and vinegar in medium bowl. Stir in garlic, chile, ginger, soy sauce, and lime juice. Stir to combine.
2. Put steak in a zip-close plastic bag and pour in marinade. Close bag and turn several times to coat meat. Refrigerate 12 to 24 hours, turning bag over occasionally.
3. Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes. Prepare a medium-high-heat grill.
4. Remove meat from marinade and discard marinade; slice steak thinly. Weave steak strips onto skewers. Grill until done to taste, 1 to 2 minutes per side for medium.
5. To serve, scoop 1/2 cup of the slaw onto each plate, set skewers over slaw, and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve garnished with long pieces of chives.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1943 Calories from Fat 1109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.1%
Saturated Fat 39.2 g196%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 319.7 mg106.6%
Sodium 2604.4 mg108.5%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g16.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 19.9 g
Protein 157 g313.8%
Vitamin A 215.7% Vitamin C 307.7%
Calcium 42.4% Iron 98.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet