Flounder With Oyster Sauce
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and chopped|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flounder fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh oysters||1 1⁄2 Dozen|
|Seeded grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (White)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a pan, put the carrots and onion along with the wine; add in a little salt, nearly 6 peppercorns and 1 bay leaf. Cook over low flame for about 15 minutes.
3) Put the fish in the pan and gently poach it for 7 to 10 minutes. Carefully remove the fish and arrange it in a shallow casserole after draining it.
4) Strain the court bouillon and in case the quantity is less than 1 cup, make more with some wine.
5) With the flour, butter and court bouillon, make a sauce and add cream and paprika to the taste. Stir over low flame till the sauce has thickened and is smooth. Add oysters to it, adjust the seasoning and pour the sauce all over the fish.
6) On top, arrange the grapes, cover the casserole and cook for nearly 20 minutes.
7) Serve hot with sliced cucumber and baked potatoes. Some tarragon vinegar can be used as dressing.