Lite Vegetable Biryani
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Basmati rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mixed vegetables/Beans/carrot/potato/peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Nuts/Cashew/almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||2 , chopped lengthwise|
|Tomato||2 , finely chopped|
|Clarified butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry leaves sprigs||1|
|Ginger garlic paste||3 Teaspoon|
|Green chilly||4 , slit lengthwise|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Soak the Rice in water for 20mins before cooking.
2. Heat 2 tsp ghee/butter in a cooker, add the cinnamon, cloves, cardomom, fennel seeds and saute a min till you get the flavour of the spices (Careful not to burn them).
3. Add the onions, green chillies, mint leaves, curry leaves, and bay leaf. Saute till the onions turn transparent.
4. Add the nuts and saute for a min and add ginger-garlic paste, saute for 2 mins.
5. Now add the tomatoes, saute and mash cook.
6. Add the vegetables, turmeric powder, salt and saute for 3 mins.
7. Drain and add the rice and give a constant stir till the masalas gets nicely coated in the rice.
8. Now add 6 cups of Water. (1.e., 1 cup rice - 2 cups water).
9. Stir and check taste, add 3 tsp of lemon juice (so that each rice stands seperate without sticking together, also a taste enhancer).
10. Cover and cook for 3 whistles (as per the cooker).
11. After done, remove the cover and add 2tsp ghee and stir the rice carefuly without breaking them and transfer in to a bowl.
Now steaming Lite Vegetable Rice is ready! Serve with Onion raita/ Kurma/ Salad.