1. Wash and clean the rice 3-4 times in lukewarm water.
2. In a large pot, combine rice, water, yogurt and salt to taste, stir and add the oil.
3. Turn heat to medium high, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, cover with a cracked lid this will prevent water from boiling over, Stir 2-3 times during cooking.
4. After about 10-15 minutes check rice, if it's still watery cook for another 10 minutes. If there isn't enough water add 2-3 tablespoons.
5. When water has been absorbed and rice is tender, lift lid to release steam, cover with a clean towel and place the lid. Turn heat to medium low, cook 15-20 minutes.
6. Allow rice to cool and then scoop out rice being careful not to disturb the tah-dig.
7. Once the rice is removed using a wooden spoon scrape out the crust for the bottom which is the tah-dig.
8. Serve the rice on a platter and serve with tah-dig on the side along with meat gravy.