Showing you how to make Khoresht qeymeh. This is very delicious and one of my favorite Persian dishes!
Lean beef/Chicken breast boneless skinless
1 Pound, cubed (2 inch peices)
4 Tablespoon, divided
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄2 Large, dice
Yellow split peas
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rinsed
5 Cup (80 tbs)
Limu omani powder
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, mince (Optional)
Lemon pepper powder
1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
Dried chili peppers
2 Small (Optional)
1 Small (1 inch peice) (Optional)
For the garnish
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Pik nik)
1. Dice the onions, cube the lean beef meat, mince the garlic and wash the split peas, keep everything separate.
2. On medium high heat, in a pan sauté onions in oil until golden brown, once browned add turmeric, add the beef and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add limu-omani powder, cinnamon, cumin, lemon pepper, garlic, ginger, pepper, tomato paste, split yellow peas, salt, pepper, and limu-omani's whole (optional).
4. Stir everything together, add water, cover and cook on medium high for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally
5. After 30 minutes turn heat down to medium low and add lemon juice, cook for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
6. After 1 hour add 1 Tablespoon oil and stir.
7. Serve the khoresht qeymeh hot along with shoestring potatoes or plain fried potatoes.
You can substitute the beef with two chicken breast, cut in cube 2 inch pieces.
The longer you cook the khoresht, the better the flavor will be.
If not serving imediately transfer the khorsht qeymeh in a casserole dish and keep it warm in a 180 degree oven.