|Lean beef/Chicken breast boneless skinless||1 Pound, cubed (2 inch peices)|
|Grapeseed oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Large, dice|
|Yellow split peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rinsed|
|Turmeric powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Limu omani powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, mince (Optional)|
|Lemon pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Dried chili peppers||2 Small (Optional)|
|Ginger slices||1 Small (1 inch peice) (Optional)|
|For the garnish|
|Shoestring potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Pik nik)|
1. Dice the onions, cube the lean beef meat, mince the garlic and wash the split peas, keep everything separate.
2. On medium high heat, in a pan sauté onions in oil until golden brown, once browned add turmeric, add the beef and fry for 1 minute.
3. Add limu-omani powder, cinnamon, cumin, lemon pepper, garlic, ginger, pepper, tomato paste, split yellow peas, salt, pepper, and limu-omani's whole (optional).
4. Stir everything together, add water, cover and cook on medium high for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally
5. After 30 minutes turn heat down to medium low and add lemon juice, cook for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally.
6. After 1 hour add 1 Tablespoon oil and stir.
7. Serve the khoresht qeymeh hot along with shoestring potatoes or plain fried potatoes.
You can substitute the beef with two chicken breast, cut in cube 2 inch pieces.
The longer you cook the khoresht, the better the flavor will be.
If not serving imediately transfer the khorsht qeymeh in a casserole dish and keep it warm in a 180 degree oven.