Vegan lettuce wraps. Cooking a vegan meal doesn't necessarily mean you have to use a vegan recipe. I like to do what I call veganizing, where I take a regular recipe and make it vegan. Although not every recipe can be made vegan, most can
Iceberg lettuce head
1 Pound, cut into small squares
1 Large, choppped
2 , minced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Rice wine vinegar
Asian chili pepper sauce
1 Tablespoon (Optional)
Canned water chestnuts
8 Ounce, rinsed, drained, chopped
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil (1 tablespoon). Add tofu, cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
2. In the same skillet, heat oil (1 tablespoon), add onions, cook stirring occasionally until the onions turn translucent.
3. Add garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, and chile pepper sauce, stir to mix. Stir in the water chestnuts, green onions, and sesame oil, and continue cooking until the onions just begin to wilt.
4. Add in the tofu and mix. Remove from heat.
5. Arrange lettuce leaves around the edges of a large serving dish, and place tofu mixture in the center.
6. To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the mixture on to a lettuce leaf. Wrap the lettuce
around the mixture like a burrito.
If you know how to, you can make just about any dish vegan with a few substitutes. Don't believe us? Then watch this video and learn how to make vegan lettuce wraps with sauteed tofu. Watch to know more!