1. Wrap tofu in a towel, place on a plate, cover with another plate. Place a heavy can over it, allow to sit for 30 minutes.
2. Cover a baking sheet with waxed paper.
3. In a large bowl, place carrot, egg replacer, parsley hoisin sauce, sesame oil, chili sauce and salt, mix well. Crumble the tofu into the bowl, mash until well distributed.Sprinkle flour and stir until evenly mixed. 4. Form equal sized balls of the dough, then flatten into a cake .Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Coat a heat non stick pan with olive oil, dredge the cakes in flour and place in the pan. For for about 3 minutes per side until it turns golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
6. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients of the dipping sauce.
7. Serve the cakes hot with the dipping sauce.
Think fish cake can never be vegan? Then watch this video and you will never think the same again! This is a simple recipe for tasty vegan fish cake and an equally yummy dipping sauce. Watch to know more.