Vegan Fish Cakes
|Extra firm tofu||300 Gram|
|Egg replacer||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 , finely grated|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot chili sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For dipping sauce|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For dusting)|
1. Wrap tofu in a towel, place on a plate, cover with another plate. Place a heavy can over it, allow to sit for 30 minutes.
2. Cover a baking sheet with waxed paper.
3. In a large bowl, place carrot, egg replacer, parsley hoisin sauce, sesame oil, chili sauce and salt, mix well. Crumble the tofu into the bowl, mash until well distributed.Sprinkle flour and stir until evenly mixed. 4. Form equal sized balls of the dough, then flatten into a cake .Arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Coat a heat non stick pan with olive oil, dredge the cakes in flour and place in the pan. For for about 3 minutes per side until it turns golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
6. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients of the dipping sauce.
7. Serve the cakes hot with the dipping sauce.
Calories 137 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.13 mg0.04%
Sodium 242 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.65 g2.6%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 5 g9.1%
Vitamin A 46% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet