1. In a pan, add in the olive oil and onion. Sauté for a few minutes.
2. Add in the fava beans and cover the pan. Cook until done and make sure they are firm and not mushy at the end of the cooking processes.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in cilantro and garlic towards the end of the cooking period. It takes around 30 – 40 minutes to cook this dish.
5. Serve with fresh lemons on the side and pita bread.
If you are looking for a good recipe to alternate your greens diet, here is a home style broad beans recipe that is quick, easy and it is full of goodness as it preserves all its juices within. Watch this video clip for a detailed look at this appetizing greenery
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 0.87 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 52.6 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 23.3 g93.2%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 24 g48.3%
Vitamin A 2.1%
Vitamin C 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Broad Beans- Fava Beans-فول اخضر بزيت الزيتون Recipe Video