Gaji namul is a side dish made with eggplants. It's a very traditional Korean vegetarian dish. Hope you like it!
3 Medium, rinsed and
2 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1 , chopped
2 , minced
Roasted sesame seeds
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Wash and cut eggplants into 3 pieces and cut each piece in half lengthwise.
2. In a steamer, pour water and put in the eggplant pieces.
3. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 15 minutes over high heat.
4. Turn the heat off and transfer eggplant to a bowl, and allow it to cool completely.
5. Drain the liquid form the bowl and tear each piece of eggplant lengthwise with your fingers.
6. In a large bowl, put the eggplant, and add in garlic, pepper flakes, green onion, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
7. Mix all the ingredients together with your hand.
8. Serve over bed of lettuce leaves with rice as a side dish.