1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
2 , cut into 1-inch pieces
Dried red pepper
1 Medium, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Teaspoon (For garnishing)
For the sauce:
4 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Dark brown sugar
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1. Cook the chicken pieces for a minute in boiling water. Drain the fatty water and set the chicken pieces aside.
2. Take a bowl and soak the cellophane noodles in hot water while preparing the other ingredients. Drain after sometime.
3. Take a bowl and add soy sauce, cooking wine or water, dark brown sugar, minced garlic, sesame oil, black pepper and ginger powder. Mix everything together.
4. In a wide bottomed pan, place the cooked chicken pieces, pour the sauce and 3 cups of water on top of the chicken. Once it starts to boil, reduce the temperature to medium heat and cook for 15 minutes.
5. After the chicken is cooked add the potatoes, onions, carrot and dried red pepper into the pan along with the chicken and cook for 10 to 12 minutes on medium high heat until all the ingredients are well cooked.
6. After 10 minutes add the drained noodles and green onions. Cook for 3 more minutes and turn off the heat. Garnish with sesame seeds.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
Sempio's braised chicken sauce can be used instead of preparing the sauce from scratch.
This Korean braised chicken, vegetable and noodle dish from the City of Andong will make you feel warm and happy and fully nourished. Watch this video to learn how to make this delicious stew like dish in a jiffy, from scratch. So the next time you crave for something hot, spicy and healthy.