Southeast Asian Style Meatballs
|Ground turkey/Lean pork||1 Pound (Uncooked)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated ginger root||2 Teaspoon|
|For plum glaze|
|Plum jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot sweet mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
|Toasted sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1.In a slow cooker, place a rack.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix pork or ground turkey with bread crumbs, eggs, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, pepper and ginger root.
3. Form small 8-10 balls of the mixture with diameter of 2 inches.
4. Place the meat balls on the rack of slow cooker.
5. If in case, the balls do not fit in a single layer, make use of two foil sheets by MAKING holes in them.
6. Place the foil on the rack with meat bolls topped with other foil with the remaining balls.
7. Cover the cooker with a lid and cook for 3-4 hrs. on a low flame.
8.Serve the meat balls topped with plum glaze and garnished with sesame seeds over noodles.
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 172.1 mg57.4%
Sodium 826.3 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 19.7 g
Protein 29 g58.4%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet