Lamb Shish Kebabs With Herbed Sauce
|Lean lamb||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes (From The Leg)|
|Green pepper||1 , pith and seeds removed, cut into cubes|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Tomato juice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Plain yogurt||5⁄8 Cup (10 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Finely chopped fresh mint||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped chives/Chopped scallions||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a shallow dish, make the sauce by mixing together all the ingredients.
2) Place the lamb cubes in the sauce and keep aside for 3 to 4 hours, tossing several times.
3) Rub off the sauce from the meat and thread on to four skewers with the green pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes and onions.
4) Apply melted butter or margarine to the vegetables alone and not the meat and season with salt and pepper.
5) Grill (broil) this tossing several times till they are soft.
6) Coat the meat once or twice with the sauce.
7) Allow the remaining sauce to heat gently.
8) Serve this with the kebabs.