Cold Loin Of Pork Oriental
|Pork loin||5 Pound, boned and rolled (1 Pork Loin)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Sherry||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Soy sauce||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Grated fresh ginger/2 tablespoons ground ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Red currant jelly||8 Ounce|
1) Set a moderate oven to 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
2) Rub mustard on the pork.
3) Mix together 1/2 cup or 4 fl. oz. (100 ml.) each of soya sauce and sherry.
4) Add in garlic and ginger.
5) Coat the pork with this marinade and set it aside for a couple of hours, turning it occasionally in between.
6) Take a roasting pan, and place the pork in it.
7) Keep the pan on the rack.
8) Roast for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the meat is well cooked.
9) While roasting, baste the pork with the marinade at regular time intervals.
10) In a saucepan, melt the red currant jelly.
11) Next, stir in the rest of the 2 tablespoons each of soya sauce and sherry.
12) Cook for a minute.
13) Spoon this sauce over the roasted pork.
14) Set it aside in a cold place.
15) Serve at room temperature.