Korean Food: Beef Fist-Bap (소고기 주먹밥)
|Ground beef||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chopped zucchini||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Chopped potato||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sweet peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Finely chopped carrot||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Dried seaweed||3 , powdered (To roll the rice balls) (Optional)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Take a bowl and combine the beef with soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, green onions, sesame oil, black pepper and mix well. Keep it aside to marinate while we prepare the other ingredients.
2. In a heated pan brown the marinated beef. Add the vegetables and fry for about 5 minutes on medium high heat. You can add a little bit of cooking oil in this step if needed.
3. Take a big bowl and add 2 1/2 cups of cooked rice in it. Then add the beef and vegetable mixture and mix them gently. For extra flavor add some seasoning by sprinkling salt, sesame seeds and sesame oil.
4. Make firm balls of rice with a spoonful of rice. Touch your palms with a little bit of water or oil while working on the rice balls.
5. You can also cover the rice balls with dried seaweed, but in this case you must reduce the amount of salt added as the dried seaweed is salty.
6. Serve with soy bean paste soup and kimchi.