Oriental Oven Steamed Fish with Vegetables
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Tablespoon (Oriental Variety)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut into very thin matchsticks|
|Scallions||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Ginger piece||1⁄2 Inch, cut into thin slivers|
|Cod fillets/Red snapper / sea bass fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a shallow baking pan large enough to hold the fish in one layer with foil.
2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
3. Scatter half the carrot, scallions, and ginger over the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Place the fish fillets, in one layer, on top.
4. Scatter the snow peas and the remaining carrot, scallions, and ginger on top of the fish. Drizzle the soy sauce mixture evenly over everything.
5. Cover tightly with foil and bake until the fish is opaque throughout and just flakes when tested with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Serve the fish with some of the vegetables, and a sprinkling of cilantro, if desired.