Barbecued Fish Kebabs
|Herring/Mackerel fillets||1 Pound, cut in to chunks (450 Gram)|
|Red onions||2 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fish stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Tomato ketchup||5 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
1. Line a grill rack with a single layer of tinfoil and preheat the grill at a high temperature, 2 minutes before use.
2. If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent them from catching alight during cooking.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Add the fish stock, tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, Tabasco and tomato puree to a small saucepan. Stir well and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
4. When ready to cook, drain the skewers, if necessary, then thread the fish chunks, the quartered red onions and the cherry tomatoes alternately on to the skewers.
5. Season the kebabs to taste with salt and pepper and brush with the sauce. Grill under the preheated grill for 8-10 minutes, basting with the sauce occasionally during cooking. Turn the kebabs often to ensure that they are cooked thoroughly and evenly on all sides. Serve immediately with couscous.