O.K..Vietnamese beef noodles soup Known as PHO'. serve in deep oversizeed bowls (which I like)..Pho consists of long rice noodles, fresh herbs and thin slices of meat cook quickly in hot broth...PHO is originated from Hanoi (Vietnam).It introduced to Americans in the 1980s and '90s...I alway love eating Pho' with beef or chicken!!!!
3 Clove (15 gm), crush
1 Medium, halved
Star anise/Bay leaf
Rice stick noodles
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. In a large soup pot pour water and combine garlic, onion, celery stalks, salt star anise and half chicken.
2. Bring it to a boil on high heat, skim the fat on the surface, and then lower the heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes with a cracked lid.
3. Soak the rice stick noodles in warm water for 20-25 minutes, after that drain the water, set aside.
4. After 45 minutes remove the chicken and let the chicken cool before you shred it.
5. Shred the chicken meat and place it in a serving bowl along with the noodles.
6. Pour the desired amount of chicken broth on top and serve.
7. Serve the chicken noodle soup along with any sauce, bean sprouts, basil leaves and lime on the side.