1. Using a sharp knife, cut the meat in individual ribs and make small slits on it.
2. In a bowl, put 2 cups of water, and add in all the ingredients for seasoned water.
3. In a bowl of water soak the ribs for 30 minutes and change the liquid few times.
4. In a pot with boiling water, put the ribs, cover and boil for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, take pan off the heat drain the water and rinsed the ribs in cold water, and drain again.
6. In the same pot with ribs, pour in the seasoned water.
7. Cover the pot, place it over medium low heat and let it cook for 20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes, turn the heat down to low, and add in the vegetables, stir to mix, cover and simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
9. Check the meat by piercing with fork, if it goes through easily the meat is cooked.
10. Sprinkle with green onion, sesame oil and corn syrup, raise the heat and cook until the liquid evaporates.
11. Season with pepper and stir well.
Maangchi is showing a traditional Korean dish that is served on special occasions. Beef short ribs slow cooked in soy sauce based broth can make one drool. Maangchi has shown the cooking process very well but she has missed out on the recipe for the cooking liquids. Nevertheless, the recipe can be tried and enjoyed with the family.