Beef Short Ribs (Galbijjim)
|Beef short ribs||2 Pound|
|Green onion||2 , chopped|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|For seasoned water|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||8 , chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Cooking wine/Soju||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||2 , peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Radish||1⁄4 Medium, cut in chestnut shape (or chestnut - 10 standard)|
|Shiitake mushroom||5 , soak for 5 hours, rinsed and quatered|
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the meat in individual ribs and make small slits on it.
2. In a bowl, put 2 cups of water, and add in all the ingredients for seasoned water.
3. In a bowl of water soak the ribs for 30 minutes and change the liquid few times.
4. In a pot with boiling water, put the ribs, cover and boil for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, take pan off the heat drain the water and rinsed the ribs in cold water, and drain again.
6. In the same pot with ribs, pour in the seasoned water.
7. Cover the pot, place it over medium low heat and let it cook for 20 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes, turn the heat down to low, and add in the vegetables, stir to mix, cover and simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
9. Check the meat by piercing with fork, if it goes through easily the meat is cooked.
10. Sprinkle with green onion, sesame oil and corn syrup, raise the heat and cook until the liquid evaporates.
11. Season with pepper and stir well.
12. Serve hot as desired.
Calories 670 Calories from Fat 517
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.4%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g121.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.7 mg38.2%
Sodium 678.6 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 23 g45.8%
Vitamin A 71.2% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet