Raw fish with rice and vegetables (Hoedeopbap)
|Dried anchovies||10 , head removed|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Bean paste||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lettuce||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed, drained and sliced|
|Garlic cloves||3 , ends cut off|
|For hot sauce ( chojang )|
|Hot pepper paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 , chopped|
|Ginger juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Tofu pack||1 , cubed (half for soup and half for vegetarian)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|For raw fish with rice|
|Salmon||1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1 cm cubes (sashimi grade)|
|Tuna||1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1 cm cubes|
|Seaweed paper||1 , roasted, and cut into thin strips|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (divided)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , julienned|
|Sesame leaves||8 , washed and chopped|
|Julienne cut carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||3 , chopped finely|
1. In a bowl, put together carrots, salt and sugar, mix and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Squeeze the water from carrots and place it with other prepared vegetables.
3. Put the anchovies in a wire mesh container.
4. In a pot with water, place the wire mesh container and let it boil for about 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, remove the mesh container.
6. Add in the bean paste to the stock and let it boil on very low heat.
7. In a non-stick pan, heat vegetable oil and panfry the tofu cubes, until brown in colour.
8. Turn off the heat and add in soy sauce and sugar, and stir gently.
9. Put the remaining tofu cubes in the soup along with chopped g
10. In 2 bowls divide the rice equally.
11. Put half of lettuce, cucumber and carrot, over each bowl of rice.
For raw fish with rice
12. Put the fish cubes and roe over the vegetable on one of the rice bowl.
13. Put the fried tofu over the vegetable on one of the rice bowl.
14. Sprinkle sesame leaves, seaweed strips, sesame seeds and drizzle sesame oil over both the bowls.
15. Put 2 tablespoon of prepared hot sauce on each of the bowl.
16. Serve hot with soup on side.
Calories 1048 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.1%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 179.6 mg59.9%
Sodium 2061.4 mg85.9%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.9%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 78 g156.9%
Vitamin A 148% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 45.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet