Pork Kofta Curry
|Pork shoulder||1 Kilogram|
|Ginger||1 1⁄2 Inch|
|Split bengal gram||100 Gram|
|Coriander leaves||2 Teaspoon (For Flavor)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Poppy seeds||50 Gram|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Tomatoes||150 Gram (2 Medium Sized)|
1. Boil pork and the gram separately.
2. Mince. Add finely chopped onion, ginger, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt and eggs.
3. Shape into small balls, size of a lime. Deep fry and set aside.
4. Grind to a fine paste all curry ingredients up to coconut.
5. Grind coconut and poppy seeds separately.
6. Heat 1 tbsp. oil. Add fat left over in the pan in which pork was boiled. Heat till it stops spluttering.
7. Add sliced onion and fry till golden brown. Add ground spices. Fry well over slow fire.
8. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook for another 10 minutes adding more water as desired.
9. Add poppy seeds mixed in 1 cup water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
10. Add ground coconut mixed in another cup of water. Bring to boil.
11. Add salt. Check for seasoning. Add fried koftas. Boil for two minutes.
12. Add chopped coriander leaves and remove.