1. For the marinade: In a ziplock bag, add the new york strip along with the garlic, scallions, soy sauce, brown sugar, Sriracha sauce and sherry. Place the bag in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes to marinate.
2. For the black bean sauce: In a pot add in the black beans, chicken stock, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce and cook until mushy. Use a hand masher to mash the mix.
3. For the new york strip: In a saute pan, heat a teaspoon sesame oil. Once hot, brown the steak on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes each side. Then, set aside.
4. In the same pan, add a teaspoon of sesame oil and stir fry peppers and onions for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add in the black bean sauce to coat the vegetables and cook.
6. Plate the vegetables in black bean sauce first.
7. Slice the beef and lay on top of the veggies.
8. Serve as main course.
If the strip is too rare for your taste, leave it on the burner for a while more to cook both sides. Alternatively, you can pop it into the oven for 8-12 minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can also use any vegetables of your choice.