A refreshing and healthy salad that takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish.
Goes great with lamb or chicken dishes.
1 Tablespoon (3 small cloves used)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 1⁄2 Large, partially peeled, quarterd, sliced in small pieces
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Scant cup)
For the garnish
Fresh mint sprigs
1⁄2 Medium, thinly sliced
2 Teaspoon (As needed)
1. Partially peel cucumbers as shown in the video.
2. Place on a cutting board the lightly peeled cucumber and cut in half and again in half, making four pieces.
3. With the flat side down on the board, carefully slice the whole cucumber and repeat with the remaining cucumber. (Reserve 1/2 cucumber and slice in half circles. They will be used to garnish).
4. In a large bowl, pour the yogurt, garlic, salt and mix together with a spoon.
5. Then add the sliced cucumbers and mix again.
6. Finally take the dry mint in the palm of your hands and grind them over the bowl as they fall like sprinkles over the mixture. Mix again.
7. Pour the yogurt salad in a serving bowl, then take the half circles of sliced cucumbers and place them around the edges of the your dish.
8. Garnish with pomegranate seeds as shown in the video.
9. Serve with lamb or chicken dishes.
You may also serve as a dip, it goes wonderfully with raw veggies, baked breads and meats.
Want to try the traditional Mediterranean salad? Watch this video now and learn how you can experiment with flavors and create this Minty Yogurt and Cucumber Salad. Treat your family to this delicacy today..