Mango Cake or Bread - Eggless
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semolina||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon (or more to taste)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mango pulp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil/Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|For the garnish|
|Fresh cherries||5 Medium|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients; whole wheat flour, semolina, dry milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder and granulated sugar.
3. In another mixing bowl, using a spatula, combine all the wet ingredients; mango pulp, canola oil and sour cream.
4. Gradually blend the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time. Mix to blend well.
5. Add hot water very slowly, mixing the batter till the desired cake batter consistency is reached.
6. Pour the batter into the individual servings of the cup cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
7. Once done (insert a tooth pick and check if it comes out clear), let the cup cakes rest for about 10 minutes to cool.
8. After 10 minutes, they can be removed on to a plate.
9. Serve the mango cake drizzled with mango pulp or sprinkled with some powdered sugar on the top. Each cup cake can be topped with a fresh cherry as well.
Chopped walnuts can also be added while preparing the batter for the cake.
As an alternate option you can also add chopped cranberries or chopped dry mango pieces/finely chopped fresh mango pieces/dry fruits such as raisins into the cake batter before baking.
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.7%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 6.1 mg2%
Sodium 285.4 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 24.8 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet