Asian Grilled Chicken Kebabs with Sliced Seedless Watermelon
|For the asian marinade:|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Garlic chilli sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the kebabs:|
|Chicken breasts||2 , cut in 2 inch squares|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , seeded and cut in 2 inch squares|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded and cut in 2 inch squares|
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 , peeled and cut in 2 inch squares|
|Corn ears||2 , shucked and cut into 2 inch cobs|
|Portobello mushrooms||2 , gills removed and cut in 2 inch squares|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Watermelon||1 , quartered|
1. For the marinade: In a bowl, mix together the rice wine vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic chili paste and sesame oil.
2. Line up the 2 inch chicken breast pieces, yellow bell pepper, re bell pepper, sweet onion, cherry tomatoes, corn, portobello mushrooms and basil leaves onto the skewers in any order you wish.
3. Place the skewers in a pot and pour the marinade over it. Add some pepper.
4. place the skewars on the grill to cook the meat and vegetables. Caramelize on all sides.
5. Plate the kebabs along with a side of sliced watermelon and serve.
Calories 874 Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.9 mg13.3%
Sodium 901 mg37.5%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g49%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.5%
Sugars 96.3 g
Protein 31 g62.9%
Vitamin A 191.9% Vitamin C 355.6%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 31.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet