Su jung gwa is a Korean traditional beverage made with dried persimmons, ginger, cinnamon and sugar. It tastes sweet and a little spicy and when you serve this you usually sprinkle some pine nuts on it. You can drink this as a dessert.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
6 (2 inches each)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
7 Cup (112 tbs)
1. Peel the ginger, wash it, and slice thinly.
2. Remove the stem of persimmons and rinse under cold water.
3. Remove the edge part of the pine nuts.
4. In a pot or kettle, place the ginger, cinnamon sticks and water.
5. Place the pot or kettle on high heat, cover with lid and boil for 20 minutes.
6. Reduce the heat to medium and allow it to boil for 25 minutes, if it boils over, remove the lid.
7. Turn off the heat, add sugar and stir.
8. Strain to remove the cinnamon and sliced ginger from the tea.
9. In a glass bowl, pour the tea and put in the dried persimmons.
10. Cover the bowl with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 12 hours.
11. In a serving bowl, spoon a persimmon and ladle the tea over it.
12. Put ice cubes and few pine nuts and serve cold.
It will keep for a couple of days in refrigerator.