Potato Side Dishes
|For gamja jorim|
|Potatoes||2 , peeled (about 2 cup of diced potato)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and cubed|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 , smashed and chopped|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For gamjachae bokkeum|
|Garlic cloves||2 , chopped|
|Oyster mushrooms||2 Large|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped red bell pepper||1 Teaspoon|
For gamja jorim
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into ½ to 1 inch cubes, rinse under cold water to remove starch.
2. Peel and cut the onion into cubes.
3. In a hot pan, heat olive oil, put the potatoes in and saute until translucent.
4. Put in onion, garlic and water and stir to mix.
5. Reduce the heat to low and add in the soy sauce, sugar and corn syrup.
6. Stir well, cover with a lid and cook for 7 to 10 minutes for low medium heat or until the potatoes are tender.
7. Dribble in the sesame oil, and add pepper, stir and turn off the heat.
8. Serve hot sprinkled with sesame seeds.
For gamjachae bokkeum
1. Peel the potato and cut into thin slices, rinse the potato strips under cold water to remove starch.
2. Cut the mushrooms in thin slices and cut it into strips, and slice ½ of the onion.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil and saute the potato strips.
4. Add in the water, cover with lid, lower the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
5. Add in onion, garlic and mushroom stir well to mix and allow to cook.
6. Season with salt, raise the heat, and drizzle with sesame oil and stir.
7. Serve hot garnished with red bell peppers and green onion.
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 550.5 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 58.9%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet