Rice and Hummus Ten Ine
|Spinach||1 Pound, stalks removed (500 Gram)|
|Zucchini||4 , sliced|
|Carrots||4 , sliced|
|Avocados||2 , stoned, peeled and mashed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice||7 Ounce, cooked (1 Cup / 220 Gram)|
|Red peppers||3 , halved, roasted and skins removed, chopped|
|Hummus||6 1⁄2 Ounce (200 Gram)|
1. Line an 11 x 21 cm/4 1/2 x 8 2/3 in loaf tin with plastic food wrap. Set aside.
2. Boil, steam or microwave spinach leaves until just wilted. Drain well. Line prepared loaf tin with overlapping spinach leaves. Allow leaves to overhang the sides of the tin.
3. Boil, steam or microwave zucchini and carrots, separately, until just tender. Drain and set aside.
4. Place avocados, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
5. Pack half the rice into spinach-lined loaf tin, pressing down well with the back of a spoon. Top with half the red peppers, zucchini, carrots and hummus. Spread with avocado mixture, then top with remaining rice, red peppers, zucchini, carrots and, lastly, hummus.
6. Fold overhanging spinach leaves over filling. Place a heavy weight on terrine and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. To serve, unmold and cut into slices.