|Basmati rice||10 Ounce, rinsed (275 Gram, 1 1/2 Cups)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Whole cardamom pods||5|
|Sunflower oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Skinless, boneless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, cubed (675 Gram)|
|Ground cloves||1 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Cardamom pods||5 , seeds removed and ground|
|Hot chili powder||1 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Ground cumin||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Ground coriander||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Ground black pepper||2 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Chopped ginger||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Extracted From 1 Lemon)|
|Tomatoes||4 , sliced|
|Chopped fresh coriander||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Low fat natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter, 2/3 Cup)|
|Saffron strands||2 1⁄2 Milliliter, soaked in 10 milliliter or 2 teaspoon hot skimmed milk (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Low fat natural yogurt||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Toasted flaked almonds||45 Milliliter|
|Fresh coriander leaves||45 Milliliter|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the rice, salt, cardamom pods, cloves and cinnamon stick. Boil for about 2 minutes and then drain, leaving the whole spices in the rice.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onions for about 8 minutes, until browned. Add the chicken followed by all the ground spices, the garlic, ginger and lemon juice. Stir-fry for a further 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the chicken mixture to an ovenproof casserole and lay the tomatoes on top. Sprinkle over the fresh coriander, spoon over the yogurt, and top with the drained rice.
4. Drizzle the saffron strands and skimmed milk over the rice and pour over 150 ml / 1/4 pint / 2/3 cup of water.
5. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and bake in the oven for about 1 hour. Transfer to a warmed serving platter and remove the whole spices from the rice. Garnish with low fat natural yogurt, toasted almonds and fresh coriander leaves.