Veal Cutlets Oriental
|Hot cooked rice||1|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
1. Dip veal cutlets in flour.
2. Heat fat in a skillet over medium high-heat. Brown veal until lightly browned on both sides. Remove veal.
3. Add celery, onion and mushrooms to pan. Cook until limp but not browned. Return veal to pan.
4. Add soy souce. Dissolve bouillon cube in hot water. Add 1/2 cup bouillon to skillet. Turn heat to low. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Combine remaining 1/2 cup bouillon and cornstarch. Stir into veal mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until clear and thickened. Stir in almonds.
6. Serve over hot cooked rice.