Lauki or Dudhi Kofta - Bottle Gourd Dumplings - Indian
|Bottle gourd||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground almond||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For the batter)|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a food processor, shred the bottle gourd.
2. Take a bowl and squeeze out all the liquid from the shredded bottle gourd and set them aside.
3. Take a bowl with gram flour and corn flour in it. Add curry powder, baking powder, ground almond, salt and mix well.
4. Add the ginger, garlic and green chili paste and a couple of tablespoons of oil. Add freshly chopped cilantro and sugar. Using your hands combine all the ingredients well.
5. Once the mixture is combined well, transfer the contents to the bowl with the shredded bottle gourd. Combine using using your hands. Do not over mix as it may release more water.
6.Take small portions of the prepared bottle gourd batter and make kofta balls and set aside.
7. Take a heavy bottomed pan, heat it with oil at a medium heat and deep fry the koftas till golden brown.
8. Serve koftas as appetizer or add to a curry and serve with rice, roti or paratha.