Korean Food: Sempio's Braised Chicken (샘표 안동 찜닭)
|Braised chicken sauce||230 Gram (1 packet of Sempio brand braised chicken sauce)|
|Sempio braised chicken sauce||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Pack)|
|Chicken||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cellophane noodles||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potato||1 Cup (16 tbs), chop (1 inch cubes)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop (½ inch thickness)|
|Green onions||2 , chop (½ inch pieces)|
|Dried red pepper||1 Medium, chop|
|Dried red pepper||1|
|Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For the noodles)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
1. In a large bowl soak the cellophane noodles in hot water while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
2. Chop up the onions, carrots, dried chili pepper, potatoes and green onions and set aside.
2. In a pan of boiling water cook the chicken for about 1 minute. Drain the water and place the chicken pieces aside.
3. In the same pan place the cooked chicken pieces and pour water and the whole pack of Sempio's braised chicken sauce on it. Once it starts to boil, cook for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
4. After 10 minutes add the potato, onion, carrot, dried peppers and cook for about 15 minutes on medium high until all the ingredients are almost cooked.
5. Add the drained noodles and cook for 2 more minutes.
6. Lastly add the green onions and cook for 1 more minute and turn off the heat. You can also add chestnuts or dried dates.
7. Garnish with some sesame seeds and serve warm and enjoy!