Braised Oriental Cabbage
|Green cabbage head||1⁄2 Pound (1/2 Small Size)|
|Bok choy head||3⁄4 Pound (1 Small Size)|
|Fat free low sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), reduced|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Cut cabbage into 1-inch pieces. Cut woody stems from bok choy leaves; slice stems into 1/2-inch pieces. Cut tops of leaves into 1/2-inch slices; set aside.
2. Combine cabbage and bok choy stems in large nonstick skillet.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
4. Blend water into cornstarch in small bowl until smooth. Stir into skillet. Cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens.
5. Stir in reserved bok choy leaves; cook 1 minute. serve as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.2 g0.99%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1328.7 mg55.4%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.3%
Sugars 26.8 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 309.5% Vitamin C 395%
Calcium 46.4% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet