Honey and Ginger Prawns
|Bamboo shoots||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh root ginger piece||1 Inch, peeled and finely grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Peeled prawns||6 Ounce, thawed, if frozen (175 Gram)|
|Little gem lettuce||2 (2 Heads)|
|Freshly chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Coriander sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
|Lime slice||4 (For Garnish)|
|Vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
|New potatoes||4 (For Serving)|
1.Cut the carrot into matchstick-size pieces, roughly chop the bamboo shoots and finely slice the spring onions.
2. Combine the bamboo shoots with the carrot matchsticks and spring onions.
3. In a wok or large frying pan gently heat the honey, tomato ketchup, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and lime juice with 3 tablespoons of water. Bring to the boil.
4. Add the carrot mixture and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are hot.
5. Add the prawns and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes.
6. Remove the wok or frying pan from the heat and reserve until cooled slightly.
7. Divide the little gem lettuce into leaves and rinse lightly.
8. Stir the chopped coriander into the prawn mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into the lettuce leaves and serve immediately garnished with sprigs of fresh coriander and lime slices.