Kannan And Manga
|Snakeheaded fish/Murral||500 Gram|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm)|
|Ginger piece||2 Inch|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Clean and slice fish. Chop and crush onions, garlic and ginger. Grind together to a fine paste, the chillies and turmeric. Peel and slice mango.
2. Grate coconut and extract milk (4 extractions).
3. Heat oil. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves. As seeds crackle, add crushed ingredients and saute. Add ground spices and fry well.
4. Add the second, third and fourth extractions of coconut milk, salt, vinegar and sliced mango.
5. Bring to boil. Add prepared fish. Simmer till fish is cooked and gravy is thick.
6. Add the first extract of coconut milk. Test for seasoning and remove.