Spicy Chicken Skewers with Mango Tabbouleh
|Chicken breast fillet||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Natural low fat yogurt||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, crushed|
|Red chili||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Ground turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind finely grated and juice extracted|
|Fresh mint sprig||4 (To Garnish)|
|For mango tabbouleh|
|Bulgur wheat||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Ripe mango||1 , halved, stoned, peeled and chopped|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 , finely diced|
|Freshly chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. If using wooden skewers, pre-soak them in cold water for at least 30 minutes. (This stops them from burning during grilling.)
2. Cut the chicken into 5 x 1 cm/2 x 1/2 inch strips and place in a shallow dish.
3. Mix together the yogurt, garlic, chilli, turmeric, lemon rind and juice. Pour over the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for up to 8 hours.
4. To make the tabbouleh, put the bulgur wheat in a bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Put a plate over the bowl. Leave to soak for 20 minutes.
5. Whisk together the oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Add the red onion and leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
6. Drain the bulgur wheat and squeeze out any excess moisture in a clean tea towel. Add to the red onion with the mango, cucumber, herbs and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss together.
7. Thread the chicken strips on to 8 wooden or metal skewers. Cook under a hot grill for 8 minutes. Turn and brush with the marinade, until the chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
8. Spoon the tabbouleh on to individual plates. Arrange the chicken skewers on top and garnish with the sprigs of mint. Serve warm or cold.